Terms and Conditions
Please understand that the following Terms and Conditions are designed to protect the health and well-being of the cats in our care.
Also, please note that these Terms and Conditions are the basis on which we accept cats into the cattery and that they constitute an agreement between alCATraz boarding cattery and the cat owner covering the period of boarding.
- MINIMUM CHARGE=2 DAYS - All cats are charged per calendar day with cut off time of 10am.
- No discounts for supplying own food.
- All owners are required to produce a current vaccination certificate prior to acceptance into the cattery.
- The owner agrees to provide all information relating to medical/dietary or behavioural needs or changes to such for each stay.
- Cats are accepted into our care on the understanding that they are in good health and that any health problems are communicated to us prior to admittance, so that we may make an informed decision as to the suitability of the animal for boarding.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to any cat appearing to be unwell or thought to be suffering from any illness or infectious disease.
- We regret that we are unable to accept male cats over eight months old that have not been neutered.
- It is our policy to arrange veterinarian advice / treatment at the owners expense should it be considered necessary to do so and act upon the advice of the vet in ensuring well-being at all times.
- Worming - Please worm your animal 1 week before arrival. If your cat has parasites present. (Worms, Fleas) these will be treated at the owner’s expense to ensure the comfort of our guests and others in the cattery environment.
- All charges are on a per day basis and payment is by online, cheque or cash on pickup. We are unable to process EFFPOS Long term stays, payment terms to be arranged.
- We reserve the right to charge for days booked on later drop offs or earlier pickups.
- Abandoned Pets: We reserve the right to make alternative arrangements for a pet left in our care 14 days after the agreed check-out date if no contact is made to us by the owner or their agent.
- alCATraz boarding cattery will take full care but will not be held responsible for any illness, loss, injury or death for any reason whatsoever.
- Only cats from the same home may share accommodation and we may, at our discretion, require written consent from the owner before boarding more than one cat in a unit.
- We reserve the right to take photos and place on the gallery page and direct advertising for the cattery, but they will not be used in publicity without owner's permission.
Delivery of your cat into our care signifies your agreement to these terms and conditions.
Cancellations : We are know that plans change so if you need to cancel please see following rules,
For all bookings except for the following holiday periods Waitangi day, Queens birthday, Easter, ANZAC, Labour Day & Christmas & New Year
- A: Cancelled 48 hours before booking : No fee
- B: Cancelled 24 Hours before booking : 50% reduction
- C: Cancelled during booked stay : full fee for booked stay.
Over Waitangi day, Queens birthday, Easter, ANZAC, Labour Day & Christmas & New Year
- A: Cancelled between 48 hours and 24 hours before booking : 50% reduction on booked stay
- B: Cancelled 24 Hours before booking & during booked stay : Full fee for booked stay.
The above charges may be waived due to special circumstance at the discretion of Alcatraz management.
Terms and Conditions may change without notice